Connecticut is home to over 400 private investment funds, managing over $750 billion in assets. CT is the 3rd largest domicile for hedge funds globally and ranks #2 in the world for large funds managing $1 billion or more.
Founded in 2004, and with 3,500 members, the Connecticut Hedge Fund Association "CTHFA" is the largest regional association of its kind in the world, and is the voice of Connecticut's hedge fund and larger private funds industry.
CTHFA is the primary source of information for policy makers as they consider rule makings that impact the private funds industry in Connecticut. CTHFA works constructively on a wide range of policy positions to help inform the legislative and regulatory processes and is a valued resource to our leaders in Hartford, when shaping legislation and public policy affecting industry participants and investors.
CTHFA's goals and objectives include:
- To promote a favorable business climate for private funds operating in Connecticut.
- To educate state leaders on the economic benefits of a strong financial services industry cluster.
- To educate state leaders on the importance of personal income tax rates to partnerships.
- To promote better understanding of alternative investment strategies and how to employ them.
- To promote Connecticut as a domicile to fund managers in other states and abroad.
- To ensure that Connecticut remains a leading global domicile for private investment funds.
We fight to make Connecticut a friendly domicile for this industry and to attract high paying, high knowledge jobs to our state. Please support us in this mission by joining CTHFA as a Corporate Member!